Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Stay the same

Last weekend my dearest best friend came to visit me. Something that I've always been waiting for. My husband even told her that I've been saying it for "million" years already.

It was really an enjoyable weekend with her. Although I didn't take her to many places due to some matters that cropped up, we still simply enjoy just to be in each other's company.

Not only was I excited when she visit but little dahling was excited too. Little dahling is talkative and likes to talk to me in her baby language. But this is the first time I see her talking so much to a person she seldom meet. I think there must be some bond or connection between them coz I sure never seen her grown accustomed to a stranger so fast. I think my best friend has a very likable face in children's eyes because my nephew also seem to like her. LOL.

Instead of just bringing her to shopping centres this time I also took her to the Malaysian Philharmonic Orchestra. This is one of the high points of our sweet weekend together. At least for me la! I don't know about you my dear best friend..hehe. I really enjoyed dressing up together and it's my first time to the orchestra! Of course I'm more than excited. It was a nice experience although half of the time we don't know what the conductor is talking about. I won't forget the times when we look at each other thinking about the same thing. I couldn't stop sniggering when we smelt the strong smelling air freshener at the same time. We look again when the orchestra started to play the waltz from The Sleeping Beauty.

The weekend endly so quickly and I felt that the time together will never be enough. Anyway, thank you my partner in crime for making my weekend a sweet one. I'm thankful that our friendship still remains the same even though we had a minor misunderstanding just before you came. The spark is still there and we still laughed our hearts out. Laughter is truly the best medicine. I'm looking forward to meet you again and I'm sure Little Dahling feels the same. I can't believe she cried after you left with her oh-so-poor-thing face. She didn't even shed a tear when my in-laws left that day too. Maybe you should rethink your career move and seriously think about working more with children. Heck maybe you can even open a playgroup or kindergarten. Anyway, I dedicate this song to my dear best friend..

Chorus
Don't you ever wish
You were someone else
You were meant to be
The way you are exactly
Don't you ever say
You don't like the way you are
When you learn to love yourself
You're better off by far
And I hope you always stay the same
'Cause there's nothing 'bout you I would change
I think that you could be
Whatever you wanted to be
If you could realize
All the dreams you have inside
Don't be afraid
If you've got something to say
Just open up your heart
And let it show you the way
Chorus
Believe in yourself
Reach down inside
The love you find will set you free
Believe in yourself
You will come alive
Have faith in what you do
You'll make it through
Chorus

2 comments:

  1. Thank you my best friend for that wonderful post. I also enjoyed the orchestra a lot and it was really nice dressing up together and I am so glad we still have the spark and know what each other is thinking. Hehe. I also don't know why kids take to me but its a nice feeling and I am honored. That's why every year I still help out in Sunday School although it means going back to Malacca less. Really look forward to see you and little dahling again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should have taken a picture la of us in the dress. zieleff was asking me cos she wants to see how we dress up. And you look nice that day! You really lost a lot of weight.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...