Friday, January 20, 2012

Kids Rule Our Weekends!

Once you have children and once they can talk well like my dearest daughter Elizabeth, they start to request or demand for stuff. Even the little one, Joseph is catching up and learning from his sister. As much as I do appreciate certain requests because sometimes I've also run out of ideas on what activity to do during the weekend but there are times when you have planned out an activity and she's not game for it. Or you're just too tired and about to lift your legs up and then there comes the dreaded request or demand. I don't know about you, I'm not saying they're like that every weekend but if you know what I'm saying then let's high five! LOL.

Here are a few scenarios of how my kids ruled my weekends:

1. I'm happily doing some household chores, little brother is asleep and big sister will suddenly come up to me and say she wants to do some art. She will bug me until I stop what I'm doing and bring out all her art materials.

2. The kids were watching the telly and suddenly papa wants to switch channels or switch off the telly because he said they've watched enough, Elizabeth will whine and Joseph will start a screaming fit. (this same case happens to mummy also). What excuse sometimes works for me is I'll say to Joseph that the TV is getting hot and once it's too hot it will explode and his face will become black because of the explotion. He'll relent sometimes..:P

3. You just came home from a tiring weekly grocery shopping outing with the family and have just put down the groceries when your girl starts asking whether she can go swimming or not. She won't take no or later for an answer. Don't they get tired?

4. I just finished reading to the kids their bedtime stories and was about to bring them to sleep (so happy to finaly get some me-time) when suddenly Elizabeth said she haven't played the piano. I should be happy that she is keen to play the piano but it clearly wasn't the right time.

5. Since morning, the kids have been chanting, " I want to go to the park, I want to go to the park..." and they stopped in the evening when we finally bring them to the park.






Have a great weekend and for those who are travelling back to hometowns for chinese new year, do drive safely. Enjoy the festivity and happy holidays!

Here's wishing those who celebrate, Gong Xi Fa Cai and may you all have prosperity in this year of the Dragon.



6 comments:

  1. I do agree that sometimes kids can really get on our nerve. Anyway, during CNY, please spare the cane and only praise the kids. Happy Lunar New Year to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haaa..normal lar. haha..which is why so many parents give their child the Ipad to get them off. but a good parent like you might oblige sometimes and do activities with your child. :) Happy New Year Carolyn and family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gong Hei Fatt Choy to you and your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My kids are already bugging me liao... and they haven't read Elizabeth's age yet! One minute Ben says need to change diaper or need to use potty to pee (when I potty trained him) then just as I sit to relax and my girl will be making sounds for her nen-nen... then Ben would want something - neverending loop... day after day... after day....-_-

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha!

    I like your reasoning with the TV!! explode, face go black! :) Can I copy your excuse to use on Isabelle?

    Isabelle is quite a strong bugger too. She cant let us sit quietly for too long. She wants us to dance with her, watch her cartoons, wants to draw, wants to play, jump... all at the wrong time, most of the time! ARGH!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see you have both hands full but you are coping well!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...