Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Long weekend

Last weekend was a long weekend because it was a public holiday on Monday. It was an eventful one also. Thank God for that. My weekend started with one tiny baby voice on a beautiful Saturday morning. I opened my eyes slowly and turned to smile towards that voice. I practically dragged my feet out of the bed, went to wash up and prepare the water for Lil' Dahling to bathe. Bathing time is more fun for Eliza nowadays. When I tell her she's done and it's time to get out of the bathtub, she'll shake her head vigorously and show signs of displeasure. She'll also turn her back on me and I have to give her some more time. Usually after the time allowance then she'll be more co-operative the second time around. Can you imagine she is already doing some negotiation skills with me at this age? Then it's rush time. Husband, you do this! I'll do that! Cos we're rushing for appointment with Eliza's doctor. Immunization again, her 1st booster for DPT and Polio vaccine. We had about 20 minutes before the appointment so we gobbled up our breakfast at a shop nearby. While we were waiting for our turn at the doctor's, Eliza went to the play area and played away. When her name was called, she seems to know that she's in for something not good. She cried when the nurse wanted to get her height measurement. Being very naughty and difficult. The nurse gave up and look like I've to measure her myself at home. Sigh, extra work. The only thing she was willing to let us find out is her weight. She weights 10.04kg now. When the nurse beckoned us into the doctor's room, Eliza walked slower than her usual speed and kept staring at the doctor. Haha. The doctor responded by saying,"oh, you know we are not good people huh?" The toy dog trick didn't work for her now. She didn't even bother to look at the dog and started crying and kicking. Luckily the doctor was fast and I didn't even realize he already jabbed her. The doctor was asking us whether we have decided to give Eliza the chicken pox and hepatitis A injection and I said no. I'm still contemplating whether to go for it or not. Hmmm..

Finally we can go home. Eliza needs her morning nap also. We took her swimming in the evening. I took out her swimming suit and showed her but she shaked her head refusing to wear it. I still forced her to wear anyway..hehe. She looks quite sexy in it cos it's getting tighter. LOL. Luckily I have 2 other swimsuits for her. Then I took out the float from the store room and the moment she saw her float, she flapped her arms and ran towards the door. She couldn't wait to enter the pool and this time she did not cry because of the cold water. She enjoyed screaming and kicking in the pool. She can be quite a loud speaker I tell you.

We had to stop swimming cos we had a dinner date planned. I asked her whether she wants to wear her black shoes and she shaked her head frantically. I asked her whether she wants to wear her white shoes and she just said, "shoe, shoe." That's a yes I guess. I didn't know she knows how to choose now. Even my friends were surprised that she knows how to choose at this age. We went to Gohtong Jaya for dinner with friends and my brother in-law and his family. The place is on the way up to Genting Highlands. After our fulfiling dinner(because I was damn hungry!) we went up to Genting Highlands. The guys played video games and I was busy clicking my handphone away (forgot to bring my camera of all things). Eliza was running here and there. It's hard to keep up with her these days now that she's in the terrible twos stage.










We decided to get some fresh cool air after that. So we headed to the park outside and just sat at the bench to drink. As you can guess it, we couldn't sit for long. Chasing after Eliza can really burn a lot of calories. She just kept running even though it is already close to midnight. She fell asleep in the car on our way back home. That's when at least I can rest.;)
Eliza woke me up about 6 in the morning for milk. I was so tired from the night before. So after feeding her, I crashed back on my bed and left her to talk all by herself in her cot. She went on and on in her "Thai" language while I was slowly drifting off to dreamland again. When I suddenly woke up she was already asleep. It was more of a rest day today. I also found out that Eliza is starting to pay attention to Barney's programme when it's on TV. Oh no, you know how i despise that purple monster. Eliza seems to be attracted to it because it has dancing and singing. She also counts 1 to 5 now but still needs to practice her diction. Hers sounds like wan, too, tee, por, paieeee.
Monday was a public holiday so we went shopping at Mid Valley. Met a friend and his wife there. They brought along their 3 month old daughter. We met them again for dinner. Went to a western diner. It was a good dinner although Eliza had me running after her around the restaurant. We went home after dinner and I tucked Eliza in bed. We were minding our business and suddenly about 10:20PM, we felt tremors and as if we were swaying left to right. My husband quickly picked Eliza and we went down the building. Eliza was already sleeping. Many of the residents in my condo also went down for safety. Who wouldn't be afraid after the cyclone Nargis in Myanmar and Sichuan earthquake? It was confirmed later that several areas in the Klang Valley felt tremors following an earthquake off North Sumatra. Fortunately, the earthquake measuring 6.1 on the Richter scale did not pose a tsunami threat.
That was the quite eventful weekend and I'm looking forward for this weekend too. Planning to bring the whole family to Sunway Lagoon. Shall keep everyone posted. Sorry for the long absence. Have a great weekend guys!

5 comments:

  1. Oh yes, I heard they felt the tremors too in your area, scary isn't it? I was back in Malacca this time but previously, I felt the tremors twice, once in March 2005 in Colmar Tropical (Bkt Tinggi) and the other time last year in Malacca! And I thought got ghost shaking my chair! LOL~

    Oiii~~ going to Sunway Lagoon tomorrow ar? I'm bringing my brother, SIL and niece to Sunway Pyramid too, entah will bump into you or not :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wah lil dahlign is a lil fashionista already ah?? lol She looks like she enjoyed herself very much in the pictures!! And the clothes look a bit big on her lol. Hope she wasn't too hot in that thing. I remember it was pretty "tebal" for the weather there lol.
    Quakes seem to be the norm these days over there. Well, please be careful, and maybe get an emergency bag ready in case of emergencies. Yes yes lol nagging like a mother! What's new? :P lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, so cute your daughter. Already have favourite shoes. I like all her dresses lar. One day must let me see her collection! Hehe. Children love bath time, I remember my nieces and nephew too. They love playing in the water :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's not scary for me already su yin bcoz i felt the tremors twice here in my office. the first time i panicked la. the 2nd time i didn't even bother to go down the building. haha. yeah, i went to sunway lagoon. didn't bump into u also.hehe. i also went to sunway pyramid about 5 plus.

    well, genzie don't forget u r the one who's making lil dahling into a lil fashionista. the clothes look a bit big on her but the inside suit is actually just the right size.

    sure i can let u c her collection sunsetrose. but some in the store, cannot pakai already.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey lil'dahling,

    great stuff.. keep it up.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...