Why are children so persistent? Or is it just my children? LOL. When they want something, they seem to 'die-die' also must have it! Are we just weak parents now? Always seem to give in to their whims and fancies most of the time? Of course, I tried to be strict. I tried to set rules. But sometimes, you'll just get tired and say, "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em! LOL.
Not all their whims and fancies are specifically bad ones, it's just that sometimes it's at an inappropriate time. Just like the times, when...
1. We were rushing to work and we were already at the door but Elizabeth insisted that she must finish reading her book first.
2. We were rushing to work again and Joseph demanded to wear his socks and shoes just like his papa although he is just going to the babysitter's house.
3. I arrived at the babysitter's house and saw that the children's eyes were glued to the idiot box then I announced that it's time to head home but they protested louder than a lion's roar.
4. I wanted to be done with my mopping as fast as I can because we had plans to go out but Elizabeth said she wants to be a handy helper and help me with the mopping.
5. I wanted to carry on with their bedtime routine but was stopped in my tracks and 'forced' to become a paparazzi to this celebrity.
6. We were travelling in the car and Elizabeth thought that it was too sunny, I had to give up my sunnies after much pestering.
7. Elizabeth wanted to copy nearly everything she saw on the telly and decided to camp in the house. Both children were hell bent in sleeping in the tent that night and I just waited to see how long it will last. Well, guess what? They gave up in the end. LOL.